AutoScout24 Technology Radar
Blips that are adopted at AutoScout24 by default and are not mentioned in every radar. Most of them are motivated by our Scout24 IT principals.
- Blue/Green Deployment
- Continuous Delivery
Continuous delivery is our software engineering approach to support teams in producing software in short cycles and ensuring that the software can be reliably released at any time.
- Infrastructure as Code
We manage, provision and automate all computer data centers and cloud infrastructure through machine-readable definition files: reproducible, traceable, auditable and tested.
- Avoid Lockstep Releases
- Two-Factor auth. for everyone where possible
- Shadow Traffic
- Node Js as build tools
- Amazon Web Services - AWS
AWS is our preferred, reliable, scalable, and inexpensive cloud computing service powered by Amazon. We choose AWS platform service over managed service, over self-hosted OSS and over self built solutions.
- Serverless Architectures
We build applications with custom code that is run in ephemeral containers operated by a service provider. These systems significantly reduce operational cost and complexity. Amazon Lambda and Amazon ECS are two examples for serverless services.
- Azure AD
- Elastic Search
- Ops Genie
We use Datadog as our monitoring service for cloud-scale applications. We bring together data from servers, databases, tools, and services to present a unified view of our entire stack and to raise alarms.
Languages & Frameworks
- REST API (Public)
- Play Framework
- EcmaScript 6
Blips removed from the radar without being adopted.
- Background Sync (Service Worker) (ASSESS) - Duplicate: Progressive WebApps
- Visual Monitoring (ASSESS) - Unstable solutions make pain be high
- Elastic Beanstalk (TRIAL)
- Node.js for the backend (ASSESS)
- Unikernel (ASSESS)
- EMR for Spark (HOLD)
- Caddy Server (ASSESS)
- Gitrob (HOLD) - replaced by git-secret
- Codecept.js (HOLD)
- Spinnaker (ASSESS) - Spinnaker is centered around EC2 but our deployments are based on ASG and soon ECS Services
- ElasticSearch Watcher (ASSESS) - We also have put “Log everything” on hold. Use metrics for metrics and not logging for metrics.
- Cassandra (ASSESS) - Currently no use case
- X-Pack Graph (ASSESS) - To expensive
- Protobuf (ASSESS) - Avro in trial
- Thrift (ASSESS) - Avro in trial
- Ratpack (ASSESS) - Nobody investigated